Tuesday 27 January 2009

WINTER COURSES

WINTER COURSES: Current thaw conditions look likely to be short lived, so the large amounts of snow in the Lakes should remain at higher levels, and should provide some excellent winter conditions in the weeks to come. The same goes for Scotland, where there is even more snow!

Winter Courses are running regularly in the Lakes and Scotland now - contact us for details

From Jo:
Hi John,
I wanted to drop you a line just to say what a fantastic weekend we all had
this weekend. I know I speak for Beth and Cheryl too in saying that the
course exceeded our expectations. I would never have thought I'd be making
my way up swirral edge with axe in crampons within 2 days!!! Amazing. Both
of the instructors were professional, friendly and encouraging with just the
right balance of teaching, sharing their stories and having fun. I think the
image of Dave flushing porridge out of his kit will stay with us all :).
Despite the terrible weather, hard work and patience required on the way up
Helvellyn we were duly rewarded with glorious views on the way down.

From Cheryl:
Hi John,
Just a quick note to let you know what a fantastic time I had on the Winter Skills course in the Lakes this weekend. Dave and Richard were both fantastic, I feel I learnt a lot from both and while always knowledgeable and professional they were also both great fun and made it a really memorable couple of days! Please pass on thanks to them - I shall definitely recommend this course to my friends!

No comments: